Good Evening to all of you Faithful Blog Readers:
We pray that all of you have had a blessed January and are now ready to enter into this new month of February. Israel and Cori have had a good month health wise with many daily variables. They appreciate all of your prayers for them which they continue to see answered by our Loving Lord Jesus on a daily basis.
Here are a few examples of answers to prayer for the month of January:
- Israel was fitted for his prosthetic legs and was able to achieve them toward the end of this month. Now a whole new world awaits his learning!
- Health: Israel and Cori, other than a 4 day stomach bug, have been very healthy which a real blessing for the winter time is.
- Their house has progressed greatly. Several generous people have donated materials, time and labor to continue the house building for Israel and Cori. State Foam, a local insulating company, came and installed the insulation in the walls. Gabe, another insulator came and did the labor for the visqueen and the attic of their house. Image Drywall had a crew come and install all of the drywall in the entire house. Bob Myers, a local drywall finisher volunteered two weeks of his time every day to finish their mudding and taping. Garrett Rubio, Cori’s brother, also came and helped. There are many others behind the scenes who have worked tirelessly to put effort into making this house become a home!
- The physical strength for Israel to take on the task of painting his house! Amazing enough, Israel has dreamed of painting his house before he even started building. That dream is becoming a reality by the aid of a set of scaffolding and the patient help of his dear wife, Cori. They already have the garage finished and are starting on the house now. In a week or two they should be ready for the flooring to get installed.
- The recent contribution of many big and small items donated by a local agency with items such as flooring for their kitchen, entryway, plus all of the window blinds for every window in their house not to mention most of the practical hardware that makes a house function like bath towel racks, door rugs, door knobs, etc. They were totally shocked at how the items were tailor made to their tastes. It was an amazing reality that God really does care about the details of our lives. These small details add such encouragement to these two. The Lord knows just what we need when we need it!
There have been some disappointments as well this month. The biggest one was the reality of a pain that has increased at the end of Israel’s right leg. It looks like a nerve problem possibly caused by the amputation. It has caused him tremendous pain especially at night. It has been very discouraging for him and Cori at moments and does not appear to have any fast answers for relief. They went to their doctor this past week who suggested some shots to help with the nerves. Due to this pain, he has not really been able to get up walking yet with his prosthetics which has been a little disappointing for him. The knife sharp jabs make it almost impossible for him to be up very long. He looks forward to the day he can get up and practice his walking. It is a slow process but Israel is determined to learn. He can do it, we are convinced!
Israel and Cori continue to look to the Lord for strength. It is a daily choice and challenge but with it God gives grace , that strength to do His will in accepting His plan for our lives. You can pray for them this month especially in the area of his nerve pain that the Lord may send some relief so that Israel can begin walking. Pray for Cori that her strength would remain as a lot of lifting and work falls on her shoulders as she help hers husband in the daily needs of life.