Israel is now in Seattle , Washington after being transported by Life Flight last night. They arrived at 3:00 AM . They made a last minute decision to send him yesterday due to a bed being opened in the ICU unit in Seattle.
Today the doctors tried to take the breathing tube out of him but found that he has become too dependent on it thus they need to ween him off of it slowely. He still has a fever and is getting another unit of blood for his anemia . He does not appear to be losing much blood though!
They are taking him in for surgery tomorrow morning at 8:00 Am, this time to amputate more of his legs. They say that there is not enough flesh and muscle to support his future leg prosthesis so they need to do more. Cori shared that she shed some tears today as she signed the paper giving them permission to amputate more, knowing that it is probably the best but yet is still difficult to see done. We can pray for the surgeons that they will know how best to do the amputation and what to leave and what not to.
Cori is very tired after no sleep all night and is hoping to get some needed rest tonight. Israel has not been awakened full yet so she has not had an opportunity to speak with him . She told me again that she is so thankful to the Lord to have her husband and would marry him all over again today!
Thank you all for your prayers and concern. The Lord is faithful and will not forsake His little children in the time of their trial.